Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes we can! The power of inspiration

obama stickerIf you're like me, perhaps you've had a hard time coming down to earth after yesterday's historic victory. My candidate, Barack Obama, will become the next president of the United States of America.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have a President who recognizes that America's healthcare system is broken. Who understands the pressing need for sustainable energy and agriculture. And who, yes, eats arugula.

More than anything his candidacy has taught me never to underestimate the power of inspiration. It is what summoned record turnouts across the country and got everyday folks like myself to take part in the political process for the first time - making phone calls, knocking on doors, donating a few bucks. It was the small efforts of millions like this that created a 'tsunami' of change.

The best of ourselves came out to the polls - and chose hope over fear. America is ready for a new direction. We've found our leader and also our voice.

No comments:

Integrative Nutrition