Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FoodMatters: A must-see film

The makers of FoodMatters sure know their audience.

In addition to being passionate about holistic health and nutrition, I must admit I am a sucker for a good corporate conspiracy flick.

Yet it is rare that a film on food and health comes out that isn't more than just a lecture. FoodMatters presents a truly watchable film, that I have no doubt you will enjoy (especially if you are reading this blog).

I was invited to a private screening by my friend Simone in Manhattan and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. You'd think I would have heard it all before, but for some reason I needed to watch this film.

When you're living in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and are surrounded by a community of eco-conscious folks that are into healthy eating, it is easy to forget about the importance of it all.

We spend billions of dollars in pharmaceuticals and health care, yet our hospitals continue to serve white bread and Jell-o.

We advocate eating more fruits and vegetables, yet the products sold on the market today contain a fraction of the nutrition content of those sold thirty years ago.

If you're interested in learning 'why' I strongly suggest watching this film. Other films to throw into the Netflix queue: The Corporation and The Real Dirt on Farmer John

No comments:

Integrative Nutrition