Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oscar Party Potluck Ideas

On Sunday, I will be hosting an Oscar Party Potluck at my home in Brooklyn. I've asked guests to bring a dish inspired by one of this year's nominated films.

I was inspired this morning after receiving a Vegetarian Times newsletter that I am not the only one who has Oscar-themed potluck ambitions this Sunday. I thought I'd take a moment this morning to brainstorm some ideas. Here's what I got:
  • Slumdog 'Sloppy Joes' - featuring Pav Bhaji, the Indian vegetarian equivalent. A popular street food in Mumbai.
I also love the idea of Homemade Twinkies from Planet Green, inspired by the film Milk and its "twinkie defense." Although, I'm not all that excited about eating them.

Would you happen to have any creative ideas? I'd love to hear them!

*Photo by Daniel Krieger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great dinner! I can't believe I haven't seen ONE of the Oscar-nominated films yet! But I'll look forward to reading about your Oscar-night potluck. :)

Tangled Noodle said...

What a fun and creative menu! I wasn't planning on anything for Oscar night but this is really inspiring.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!

Integrative Nutrition